Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Web 2.0 Tools

For this weeks assignment, I had the opportunity to explore a web tool I was previously not familiar with. I chose Seesaw , and I was very impressed with what this website can do. Logo courtesy of seesaw.me Described by children as "Facebook for kids", Seesaw allows students to join an online "classroom" with their teacher and peers. In that classroom, they can share their work and comment on each other's posts. Teachers can send messages to students and even have the ability to share the online classroom with parents. This is a great way to allow technology to bring teachers, students, and parents together in one place. Seesaw gives students a safe space online to show off all their hard work in class. Check out the video below to learn more about the basics of setting up an account and navigating this awesome website. Personal video of seesaw.me created with Screencastify One pretty cool feature about this website is how students log in. You can

Professional Learning Network

Photo courtesy of twitter.com I joined Twitter in 2009. Like most millennials, I used it to stay in contact with friends, scroll through memes, and share tidbits about my day. It wasn't until my senior year of undergrad that I actually created a professional Twitter account. I took a nutrition communication class that required I create an account and tweet out helpful nutrition tips several times a week. It stressed writing my own tweets over retweeting others. This was great, but I didn't really focus on gaining followers because I didn't interact much with the rest of Twitter. It wasn't until EDU776 that I truly started utilizing Twitter to expand my professional network.  Field trips can be fun and educational, but they can also be expensive, hard to plan, and difficult to chaperone. One resource that I found particularly helpful was originally posted by Kara Wilkins  and shared through Twitter  by  @WeAreTeachers . They post contained a list of 250 "vi